TORC T27B Avenger Bluetooth Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet Review
When you buy through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Riding a motorcycle is one of the fastest and most convenient means of reaching your destination. That is because you can easily escape traffic jams and you no longer have to wait in line just to get a ride. However, the road dangers that you will face are twice as much as the ones that will be encountered by car drivers. The reason for such is that motorcycles are not enclosed transportation systems.
With that in regard, the Department of Transportation (DOT) has implemented a law requiring motor riders to wear a helmet. Generally speaking, an ideal motorcycle helmet is the one that has a full-face design. That is for the reason that your whole face will be covered and protected. Thus, the demand for such has increased tremendously resulting in a high number of full-face helmet brands. So, you might also face difficulties in choosing the right one for you.
In order to help you out, we will be reviewing an innovative full-face motorcycle helmet known as TORC T27B Avenger Bluetooth Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet.
This helmet has been manufactured by a company that is known for designing low- and mid-range helmets in an innovative manner, as well as for incorporating Bluetooth technology in such types of helmets.
Features of TORC T27B Avenger Bluetooth Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
- Size dimension is at 15 x 12 x 12 inches
- Weighs approximately six pounds
- Oval-shaped head
- European-inspired design
- Its inner liner is designed using advanced EPS technology.
- The outer shell and chin area are constructed using a thermoplastic alloy material.
- The front chin bar is equipped with stainless steel posts and a metal locking system.
- One-button release latching system
- Scratch-resistant, slider-based, drop-down visor
- Liner that is removable and washable
- Venturi flow-through ventilation system
- Two integrated speakers
- Bluetooth 2.0 technology
- Microphone with a noise cancellation capability
- DSP filter
- Self-adjusting volume
- Controls that are waterproof and glove-friendly
- Maximum talk time is at eight hours.
- Standby time is up to 150 hours.
- Certified by DOT and ECE
- Unisex design
- Waterproof and glove-friendly controls
- Easy-to-release chin bar latch
- Compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones
- Safe to use
- Allows two-way intercom communication at a maximum distance of 10 meters or 100 feet.
- It gives clear GPS directions.
- Allows clear incoming and outgoing calls.
- Stereo, FM, MP3, and phone playlist music streaming
- The anti-scratch sun visor is easy to open and close.
- Users need to refer to the manufacturer’s size chart.
- Fog may form on the visor when worn during cold seasons.
Construction and Design
The TORC T27B is a full-face, Bluetooth-enabled motorcycle helmet that has a size that is 20% smaller than other similar helmets on the market. It has a very light and evenly distributed weight that makes it very comfortable to wear even during long trips. Additionally, the helmet also fits well because of its oval-shaped structure. However, the sizing chart provided by the manufacturer should be strictly used as a guide since such is somewhat different from the standard.
The exteriors of the product are made of lightweight and quality thermoplastic alloy material that is capable of absorbing impact in case of accidents. Likewise, the EPS technology incorporated in the inner liners enhances the sturdiness and quality of this helmet. Additionally, since its sun visor is also resistant to any form of scratches, it also contributes to the protection capabilities of the item. With such features, the ECE and DOT had given this product a certification.
The TORC T27B is not just a helmet that can provide you with protection but also enables you to stay entertained and connected while you are on a road trip. Since it uses Bluetooth 2.0 technology, it is capable of producing clear sounds even when the motorcycle is running at a speed of 60 miles per hour (mph). Also, since it is compatible with Android and iOS phones, anyone can use it to make and receive a call.
A Helpful Comparison
The BILT Techno Full-Face Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet is a DOT-certified product that is almost comparable with the TORC T27B. It is also made with quality materials that can resist low-impacts during accidents. Additionally, it can also be used for intercom communications, phone calls, and music playing. However, it is not capable of lessening or removing wind noise when the speed of the motorcycle reaches 60 mph.
The TORC T27B Avenger Bluetooth Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet is one of the Bluetooth-enabled, full-face motorcycle helmets that is highly recommended for both male and female riders. That is because it is equipped with several features that provide safety, comfort, entertainment, and connectivity altogether to the users.