FreedConn Flip-up Full-Face Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Review
When you buy through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Nowadays, motorcycle helmets are not just intended for protecting you when you are on the road. With the help of modern technology, they already have Bluetooth features that you can use to connect with your loved ones, as well as to entertain yourself while you are on a long journey. Additionally, Bluetooth-integrated helmets will also allow you to listen to GPS instructions. Hence, you no longer have to stop once in a while just to check your map.
With the convenience that Bluetooth-integrated helmets can give, the demand for them has increased in a short span of time. Thus, many manufacturers have developed their own versions which became non-advantageous for customers like you. That is because you might end up buying the wrong brand.
In order to narrow down your choices and help you decide, we will be looking into the FreedConn Flip-up Full-Face Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet. A careful inspection of this product has revealed the following information.
Features of FreedConn Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet
- Size dimension is at 14.5 x 10.5 x 11 inches
- Weighs approximately four pounds
- Intermediate oval shape
- Full-face design
- Colors available: matte black, blue, gray, white, red, and glossy black
- Frequency is at 2.4 GigaHertz
- Two 470 mAh, rechargeable, lithium-ion batteries
- Phone talk time is at a maximum of 12 hours
- Intercom talk time is at a maximum of nine hours
- Stand-by time is up to 340 hours
- Outer shell is made of lightweight and quality ABS material
- Removable paddings are made of absorbent, deodorized, and easy-to-clean materials
- It has an advanced ventilation system design.
- Anti-fog and UV-resistant dual-visor
- Integrated with Bluetooth 3.1 technology
- Microphone with anti-noise feature
- Maximum Bluetooth connectivity distance is 500 meters
- Two built-in speakers
- USB cable
- Helmet bag
- Instruction manual
- Can be used to call two individuals simultaneously
- A stable Bluetooth connection can be achieved
- Inner linings are removable and washable
- Efficient exchange of air
- The paddings absorb moisture
- Can easily connect to phones, GPS systems, MP3 players, and other Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Does not come with an adapter
Construction and Design
The FreedConn Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet is a lightweight and sturdy motorcycle helmet that comes in six different colors. Its oval shape has been intended to make sure that it can properly fit all head types. Additionally, its inner linings or paddings are made of materials that are capable of absorbing moisture so that you will not be soaking in sweat after a long ride.
This product is also equipped with a visor that can protect you during cold and hot weather conditions. It also has integrated Bluetooth technology, speakers, and a noise-canceling microphone. Additionally, this product’s battery can be charged using your computer since it comes with a USB cable.
However, if you want to charge it to a power outlet, you must buy an adapter that is compatible with it.
Riding a motorcycle exposes you to heat, wind, and other environmental factors that can make you feel uncomfortable. Also, this product has been designed with a ventilation system that allows the proper exchange of air from the inside to the outside and vice versa. In addition, after your travel, you will not worry about your helmet since it has a bag wherein you can place it.
Since this product has a built-in Bluetooth 3.1 technology, it can establish a stable connection with most phone, GPS system, and music player models. It is also capable of making intercom calls with two individuals at a maximum distance of 500 meters or more than 1000 feet. Communication with loved ones during long travels will also not be a problem since its fully charged batteries can last up to nine hours of uninterrupted talk.
A Useful Comparison
The O’Neal Commander Bluetooth Helmet is a Bluetooth-integrated helmet that can also be used at different weather conditions like the FreedConn Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet. It is also made of durable materials and washable paddings. Likewise, it is also powered by two Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.
Connectivity-wise, it is compatible with phones, GPS systems, and music players. In addition, it also has intercom capabilities. However, this product has more talk hours than the one from FreedConn. The only thing is that it has a lower form of Bluetooth technology that may affect the quality of incoming and outgoing calls.
The FreedConn Flip-up Full-Face Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet is a good product to add to your motorcycle riding arsenal. Since its outer and inner structures are made of carefully selected materials, you are assured of your protection and comfort. You will also be happy with the fact that clear calls can be made because of the advanced Bluetooth technology and noise-canceling microphone that have been integrated.