LS2 Strobe Solid Modular Motorcycle Helmet Review
If you are a motorcycle user, you should know by now that a helmet is a vital product to keep you safe from possible severe injuries in case you face road accidents. They come in different forms and styles in order to meet the need of the riders. Thus, as a rider, you must make sure that you own a helmet that will give not just protection but also comfort.
The trouble that you will face when you go scouting for a motorcycle helmet is that there are a tremendous number of brands that are available online and at retail stores. There are also a lot of incorporated features and technical terms that you may not be familiar with. Hence, we will be reviewing the LS2 Strobe Solid Modular Motorcycle Helmet to help you decide if it is worth a buy or not.
LS2 Helmets is a company that started as a small business in 1990. It is known for producing and selling motorcycle helmets that meet guidelines set forth by different bodies like ECE, DOT, BSI, or Snell. It has also established a brand as a company that releases products that have undergone quality control and batch testing.
Features of LS2 Strobe Solid Modular Motorcycle Helmet
- Size dimension is at 14.5 x 11.5 x 11 inches
- Weighs approximately four pounds
- Outer shell is made of kinetic polycarbonate alloy material
- Quick-release strap
- Oval-shaped head
- Full-face design
- Neck roll is equipped with a reflective safety patch
- Latch system is made of metal
- Single button for opening
- Scratch-resistant face shield with a LS2’s ShortShift Tool-less Quick Release design
- Inner liner made of washable, multi-density EPS fabric material
- Cheek pads are constructed using hypoallergenic, breathable foam materials that have been cut using 3D laser technology
- Drop-down visor that is equipped with a twin-shield and quick-release system
- Visor is made of class “A”, 3D optically correct polycarbonate material
- It has a chin curtain that can be detached.
- Rear spoilers
- Exhaust ports
- Comfortable to wear
- Low noise level
- Scratch-, impact-, and UV-resistant visor
- Inner liner is removable and washable
- Easy-to-release safety strap
- Safe to use at night and in low-visibility conditions
- Five-year warranty on parts and labor
- Glove-friendly and easy-to-access release button
- Stays in place even if the helmet and chin straps are open
- Face shield can be replaced without using any special tools
- Chin curtain comes off easily
Construction and Design
This lightweight product has a dual, outer shell that is constructed using a special polycarbonate alloy material to ensure sturdiness. It has a long oval shape to ensure that it can fit any head types. It is equipped with a release button that can easily be accessed and operate even when you are wearing thick winter gloves.
It is equipped with a face shield or visor that is easy to release, open, and close. Also, a chin curtain has been incorporated to make sure that a low amount of wind enters the helmet while you are riding. Thus, you will not be disturbed that much. Likewise, the manufacturer made sure that you can detach it from the helmet, especially during warm or hot weather conditions. However, because of such, there are times wherein it comes off during rides.
LS2 Helmets made sure that you still feel comfortable during your rides by installing liners that are made of breathable and hypoallergenic foam materials that have different levels of density. Such have also been cut using modern laser techniques to make sure that the product fits your face and head perfectly.
In addition, to ensure that proper airflow is achieved while you wear this helmet, ventilation systems have been incorporated in its chin and top areas. Likewise, such have been designed using a dynamic airflow system. Further, adjustable exhaust and intake channel ports, as well as rear spoilers have also been included.
Since motorcycle helmets are primarily designed to provide you with protection, this product has been equipped with a lot of safety features. First, it has a safety strap that is attached to a metal buckle. The buckle is also equipped with a ribbed, plastic tab that is easy to release and lock. You can also adjust the strap without hassles so that the helmet fits you perfectly and will not move around.
Second, its neck roll, which is responsible for protecting your neck during impact, is equipped with a safety patch that reflects in dark and low-visibility areas. Through that, other vehicle drivers and motorcycle riders will be able to see you in the road. Lastly, it has a chin guard that is easy to release making it possible for emergency responders to provide first-aid.
LS2 Strobe vs MDS MD200
The MDS MD200 is a helmet that is comparable to the LS2 Strobe when it comes to comfort, durability, and quality of materials used. However, the MDS MD200 has a chin guard that stays locked during impacts. Such is advantageous since the helmet will not come off during accidents. Nevertheless, although the LS2’s chin strap can be released easily, the helmet’s perfect fit still ensures that the helmet stays in place.
In addition, both products have safety features that are not questionable, but the reflective safety patch incorporated in LS2 makes it safer to use in low-visibility situations.
The LS2 Strobe Solid Modular Motorcycle Helmet is a motorcycle helmet that has been designed to be worn in any weather conditions, as well as at any time of the day. It has also been constructed with the motorcycle’s comfort and protection in mind. Thus, this product is highly recommended.