HJC CL-MAXBT II Bluetooth-Ready Modular Motorcycle Helmet Review
It isn’t fair that car owners get to have all the fun when it comes to interactivity on their vehicles while motorbike riders do not. Motorbike riders are often left with a monotonous journey with nothing to help them pass their time. If you’re a motorbike enthusiast, then you’re in dire need of a helmet which not only protects you from the weather and road accidents but also provides you with the entertainment that you need while you are on the road.
HJC Helmets have come up with a helmet that can fulfill all your road-related needs as a motorbike owner. It claims that its HJC CL-MAXBT II Motorcycle Helmet has it all to a point that you may already ditch your current helmet that doesn’t have any innovative features.
With that in regard, let us now carefully look into the HJC CL-MAXBT II Bluetooth-Ready Modular Motorcycle Helmet to see what it can really offer you.
Features of HJC CL-MAXBT II Bluetooth-Ready Modular Motorcycle Helmet
- The face shield provides up to 95% protection from the sun’s UV rays.
- The helmet offers Bluetooth connection with your devices.
- The helmet has an advanced system for ventilation which removes heat and humidity and drives it upwards and out of the helmet.
- The helmet has a unique, fast and tool-less face shield replacement system.
- The shell is made of a lightweight polycarbonate material.
- The helmet weighs 5.1 pounds.
- The interior can be removed and washed if needed.
- The helmet has inbuilt cavities for Bluetooth speakers.
This list is definitely something which can easily appeal to new bike enthusiasts and is sure to please veterans as well. While it brings quite a few benefits with it, there are some drawbacks to this product as well. We’ll be touching down lightly on each of the aspects of it which we thought were worthy of highlighting. After a closer look at the pros and cons of this helmet, we’ll leave you to decide whether this helmet is for you or not.
What We Liked
- The extra protection against harmful rays from the sun is definitely something unique and makes this product stand out.
- The Bluetooth connectivity is to be expected from a product with such a cost, but the pre-built speaker cavities are a pleasant experience. They make listening to music, the radio or GPS a lot easier and enjoyable.
- The removable and washable interior is a huge plus point as you don’t need to wash the helmet while it is intact.
- The AVS or advanced ventilation system simply ensures that you’re never uncomfortable during harsh weather conditions, especially during summers when the atmosphere can get hot and humid. The ventilation system pushes out the humidity through the top.
- The face shield can be replaced whenever you deem necessary without any need for tools.
What We Didn’t Like
- There aren’t any options to connect to other bikers’ helmets via Bluetooth, leaving you unable to communicate with any friends or relatives.
- The helmet weighs a little more than its competitors. A helmet that weighs above the comfort level causes a lot more problems than it solves.
- The helmet is less attractive than most of what we’ve seen on the market.
Summary of Features
The HJC CL-MAXBT II Bluetooth Ready Modular Motorcycle Helmet gives its users the option to connect their Bluetooth devices to it while traveling. It weighs 5.1 pounds and provides extra protection from ultraviolet rays, which generally pass through the helmet’s face shield. It has an efficient ventilation system along with the option to remove and replace the face shield without the need for any tools.
FreedConn’s Full-Face Helmet with Built-in Bluetooth Intercom Communication System is just a tab bit more expensive than this helmet, and yet provides simultaneous Bluetooth communication with up to two people. This advantage is matched by the HJC CL-MAXBT II Bluetooth Ready Modular Motorcycle Helmet’s protection against UV rays, something which its competitor is missing.
The choice depends on whether you need to communicate with people during your travels or not. If you’re a lone rider, then there isn’t any need for you to spend extra for the Bluetooth connectivity.
The HJC CL-MAXBT II Bluetooth-Ready Modular Motorcycle Helmet is a minimalist item when it comes to high-end helmets. It has what you need if you’re starting out with bike riding, including an easily cleanable interior. However, if you’re looking for something that has all sorts of premium features, then this product is probably not for you. Thus, you might want to look at products that have a higher price range.
For the people who are content with a sturdy and simple helmet that keeps them entertained during rides, you should look no further than this model.