LS2 Helmets Rebellion Unisex-Adult Half Helmet Motorcycle Helmet
When you buy through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
There are two types of people: those who like their helmets full, and those who like them half. Full helmets tend to make the bike rider feel stuffy and uncomfortable in hot weather. Bike riders living in areas where the weather stays hot and humid all year around should definitely consider getting themselves a half helmet because nothing beats riding on the road with the wind in your face.
Other than dealing more efficiently with adverse and hot weather conditions, half helmets have a unique look to them that easily sets them apart from their full helmet cousins. A strap on your chin stops the helmet from falling off and the rest of the helmet seems like a cross between something a WW2 pilot and Robocop would wear. You’d look pretty cool wearing one without a doubt. It just so happens that LS2 have a half helmet that can fulfill all your needs on the road, it’s the LS2 Helmets Rebellion Unisex-Adult Half Helmet Motorcycle Helmet.
Features of LS2 Helmets Rebellion Unisex-Adult Half Helmet Motorcycle Helmet
- The helmet is approved by DOT standards.
- It has a ventilation system which allows air to pass through the top.
- The liner is removable to assist in cleaning it.
- It has a Bluetooth chipset which allows communication with other riders wearing a compatible helmet
- The Bluetooth system allows the user to connect any Bluetooth device to it.
- It has a twin system for shields in which the user has the option to lock the shield half-way through or have it down all the way.
- It weighs three pounds.
This helmet has some really interesting features which peak the interest of the observer. It has everything which full helmets pack with themselves, but does it at a lesser price and takes only a fraction of the space.
What We Liked
- This helmet includes everything that a full helmet would have on its list of features, and yet it takes up much less space.
- The helmet weighs only 3 pounds, which can barely be felt when riding the bike. Riders who don’t want heavy helmets on them during their rides or people who have to travel for long period of time will love this feature as it will save them from neck strain.
- The twin shield system is something that not every helmet has. This feature gives you the option to let the wind across your face while your eyes stay protected, which is something you’d normally do during summers. For more adverse weather conditions, you can easily lower the shield to cover your entire face so your ride remains within your comfort zone.
- Even the chin strap is DOT approved, which shows us that the manufacturers were going all out while designing this helmet for performance and safety.
- The helmet-to-helmet communication system is sometimes missing from helmets more expensive than this one, and yet the company somehow managed to squeeze it in. This feature will make riding with your friends and family pure bliss.
- The Bluetooth system allows users to listen to music or a GPS voicing while riding, making the experience more enjoyable and fulfilling.
What We Didn’t Like
- The half shield can sometimes cause visibility issues when the sun is shining directly on it. It can also cause visibility issues at night if there aren’t enough sources of illumination, clouding up your vision.
Summary of Features
The LS2 Helmets Rebellion Unisex-Adult Half Helmet Motorcycle Helmet is a half helmet, as the name suggests. It is incredibly light and is approved by DOT. It has a ventilation system to make hot days more bearable and supports Bluetooth connections with other compatible helmets along with other Bluetooth devices including your phone. Its shield can be pulled halfway down, or down all the way according to your preference. The interior liner can be easily removed for cleaning.
The Half Helmet Black Dot Adult German Style by TCMT is a good contender for the helmet under question. It costs a lot less but doesn’t provide too many features either. Most of the focus is on the helmet’s quality and durability. It is designed to pass through the air smoothly to avoid any neck strain from long rides. The helmet is a lot more stylish too, with in-built goggles that are scratch resistant.
The choice comes down to whether or not you require connectivity in your helmet or not. If you do, you should most certainly go with the LS2 helmet. However, if you don’t, then the TCMT half helmet is a low cost and very stylish helmet that’ll serve you well.
On the whole, the LS2 Helmets Rebellion Unisex-Adult Half Helmet Motorcycle Helmet is a solid product. As mentioned, it offers features which should have made it a lot more expensive than it is right now. Its weight is just about perfect, and makes sure that you’ll never get tired of having it on your head. Even though it’s a half helmet, the manufacturers made sure that it still has a ventilation system to accommodate the heat.
If you’re looking for a half helmet that gets you high tech connectivity, then this is the product you’re looking for because few helmets can match the features to money ratio this helmet brings.